TriComB2B, a regional leader in marketing and advertising services, is seeking a highly motivated, technically oriented public relations professional to fill its Director of Public Relations role. The role requires a blend of business‐to‐business (B2B) PR campaign planning and development, including traditional and new media, copywriting and client interaction skills. We’re looking for a perfect fit for the team that comprises one of the Dayton Business Journal’s Best Places to Work.
The agency’s Director of Public Relations plans and directs public relations campaigns designed to create and maintain a favorable public image for clients and/or the agency. This role is responsible for implementing each client’s strategic marketing plan through public relations and publicity efforts, by placing feature stories, technical articles or position papers (among other methods), including traditional and new media. This position reports to the agency principal.
- “Tells an organization’s story” using appropriate media and communication channels.
- Serves as an advocate for client businesses; builds and maintains positive relationships with the public, media and other third‐party influencers.
- Establishes and maintains cooperative relationships with representatives of the community, employee and public interest groups, and with members from print, broadcast and online journalism.
- Directs the creation and implementation of all public relations campaigns, programs and publicity activities for the agency and its clients.
- Writes (and/or directs the writing) of all publicity stories.
- Reviews and/or edits all press releases to be distributed by the agency.
- Determines when and where all press releases will be disseminated for placement.
- Supervises the public relations team.
- Recommends department computer software purchase requisitions, subscriptions to newswire services and clipping service bureaus.
- Coordinates and executes (or oversees the execution of) press conferences and trade show media interviews.
- Facilitates media interviews and determines appropriate supporting materials for earned media opportunities.
- Bachelor’s degree
- Seven to 10 years of experience in a B2B PR environment
- Ability to professionally communicate via telephone, email and face to face
- Excellent presentation skills
- Strong understanding of PR principles and emerging strategies and tactics
- Willingness to travel as needed
- Knowledge of PR software such as Cision or TrendKite preferred
Please send resume to John Buscemi (john.buscemi@tricomb2b) for consideration.